Things To Know
- The studio is open 15 minutes prior to class start times. Please plan to arrive 5 – 10 minutes before class to allow yourself time to change and settle in.
- No fancy clothes are required! Please wear clothing you can easily move in but that allows the teacher to see the alignment of your joints, including your knees, ankles, and elbows – nothing too baggy or too long. A simple t-shirt or tank top and leggings or shorts work well.
- Clean bare feet are essential.
- In consideration for your fellow students, please refrain from wearing perfume or scented products.
- We provide all the yoga props you’ll need, but feel free to bring your own mat if you prefer.
- Yoga is best practiced on an empty stomach. For your comfort, allow at least 2 hours after a heavy meal or an hour after a light meal/snack before attending a class.
- If you have any health concerns, such as injuries, past surgeries or chronic conditions, please inform the teacher prior to class.
- Ladies, please inform the teacher before class if you are menstruating so modifications or alternatives can be provided to enhance your well-being during this time.
- If you have a fever or suspect you may have a contagious illness, please stay home and rest up. We’ll be happy to see you when you are feeling better.
- If you’ve got a minor ache or pain (and no restrictions from your doctor) and are unsure about whether to attend class, we can most likely work with you to modify poses or provide restorative poses to accommodate you. We excel at finding ways for everyone to benefit from practice and help your healing process.
- If you are pregnant, interested in classes and have permission from your doctor, we can accommodate you within our regular Gentle or Level 1 classes by providing appropriate alternative poses when needed. Please contact us to discuss which class is best for you.
- In the rare instance we need to cancel classes due to the weather, we will announce this on the home page of this site, on our Facebook page and on our voicemail message at the studio.